Temping With Anne Jagger

All you need to know when starting a Temporary Assignment with Anne Jagger Recruitment.

Getting Paid

This is probably the most important part of your assignment.

In order to get paid for the hours that you work we will need evidence from our client (your employer) that you have performed your job satisfactorily and are claiming the correct number of hours.

To do this you will need to fill out a time sheet and have it authorised by your line manager, supervisor or the person to whom you report.

Anne Jagger Recruitment uses the Clarity 365 timesheet system and in order to use it you must have an account. This is quick and simple to set up, free of charge and features an 'app' which means you will be able to submit your timesheet using your mobile or tablet.

Your weekly hours must be validated by your line manager by Tuesday's at Midday, so you will need to have completed your time sheet by Monday at 1 pm at the latest. Check with your line manager or with your Anne Jagger consultant to ensure they have received your hours when you have submitted them (see below). 

Let's set up your Clarity 365 timesheet account.


Checking Your Payslip

We will send you a weekly payslip that you can check using our on-line facility. This will give you all the information you require to keep up to date with your earnings and tax position including your present Tax Code.

Checking your payslip

I don't understand my Tax Code

As a Temporary Worker there are a number of things that can seem confusing when it comes to paying tax especially if;

  • You have not worked for a while due to travel, illness or some other reason - perhaps you are returning to work after some years of bringing up a family.
  • You work irregular hours.
  • You earn different hourly rates depending upon the role you perform
  • You have another job in addition to your temp assignment

We will calculate your tax based upon the information you provide on your New Employee Starter (which you can download here) form and ensure that your tax position is up to date by issuing a temporary tax code and notifying HMRC that you are now working for Anne Jagger Recruitment

Why have I got a temporary tax code?

Unless you have given us a valid P45 from your previous employer, we will use the information provided on your New Employee Starter form to apply a temporary code. This will not usually deduct any more tax than you would normally pay anyway but it will enable us to liaise with HMRC who will, very quickly, issue your correct tax code and authorise any repayment of overpaid tax.

What if I don't have a P45?

How your tax is calculated and why it can be different from one week to the next





Setting Up Your Timesheet Account

1. You will receive an e-mail from your Anne Jagger consultant that asks you to activate your account. This will need to be delivered to your existing e-mail address and may go to the 'junk' folder. 

2. When you receive you should follow the instructions and then contact your consultant to let them know it is done.

3. We will then set your account up to receive time sheets which you can upload by following the instructions HERE

4. If you have any problems completing or submitting your time sheet you should contact your ANNE JAGGER consultant who will provide support. DO NOT ask your Manager or Supervisor, they do not have access to the Clarity System.

Return to the top








Checking Your Payslip

Anne Jagger Recruitment uses an on-line payslip system that should be easy to access and keep a record of your pay during your time as an Anne Jagger Temp.

Your consultant will send you login details and you will need to follow the instructions to access your details. Your payslip will give you the following information.

  1. Your pay for the week
  2. Your total pay to date
  3. The amount of any deductions for Tax and National Insurance
  4. Your present Tax Code (either BR or a number ending with the letter 'L')
  5. Your 'net' or 'take home' pay.

Your payslip should be available by Thursday afternoon each week and the cash will be paid into your bank by Friday morning.

If you have any questions or queries regarding your pay, speak to your consultant or e-mail our Payroll Service at payroll@annejagger.com

back to the top






What is a P45 and how does it affect my tax?

Your P45 summarises any pay received from your previous employer during the present tax year (April - March).

It let's your new employer know how much tax you have paid during the current year and what tax code they should apply.

If you do not have a P45 - DO NOT PANIC. Your new employer will apply a temporary Tax Code that will enable their payroll department to deduct tax at a standard rate and request your current tax code from HMRC.

If your temporary tax code has deducted more tax than you should have paid, you will be refunded the over payment through your payroll when the new code is issued. This process will normally only take a couple of weeks.  

back to the top


Holiday Pay

So I get Holiday Pay Too?

Anne Jagger Recruitment provides for paid holidays for Temporary Workers as part of Working Time Regulations (WTR)

It amounts to about 12% of your hourly rate and will be paid when you take time off but it can be a complex calculation.

Go to HOLIDAY PAY EXPLAINED for a detailed look or simply ask your Anne Jagger team member if you are still uncertain. 


back to the top