Candidate Full CVs
A confident senior level Executive Assistant and leader of Administration, experienced at providing exemplary support and assistance at Board level, to deliver results that exceed expectations. A passion for introducing administration and business processes which adds value, improves efficiency and ensures progression. A naturally thoughtful professional team player who deals with every situation with a positive approach.
Highly organised, self-motivated, reliable and efficient with a strong work ethic and a reputation based on integrity. Leads by example demonstrating strong performance with excellent administration and project management skills. Professional and experienced in client facing roles, applying effective communication with excellent judgement and competence. A methodical and meticulous planner with a flexible approach to work and a calm sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
Some of my career highlights include clear career progression, the launch of a new estate agent office, restructured a health and safety training department, produced a best practice induction process for a global organisation, became QA representative, significantly reduced outstanding debt positively contributing towards cash flow, reduced printing costs by producing joining papers in house and became the first female member of a Rescue Team trained at Moreton In Marsh Fire Training College.
Key Skills & Experience
- Personal / Executive Assistant
- Office management
- Business finance
- Recruitment, selection and interviewing
- Coaching, training and mentoring
- Policy research and implementation
- Organisation change
- Sales and marketing
- Business development
- Facilities management
- Project management
- Problem solving and initiative
- Decision making and delegation
- Analysing, planning and organisation
- Time management and prioritisation
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and motivation
- Self awareness
- Managerial and leadership
EA to Chief Executive / Office Manager
Feb 2018 to date
A diverse not for profit charitable Trust, focused on providing quality care to residents throughout its seventy one homes.
Working closely with a busy CEO, travelling when required, to make best use of their time and support their responsibilities and strategic objectives, ensuring priorities are progressed and maintaining positive business relationships with all stakeholders.
- Providing the Chairman, Board of Trustees and dignitaries of the Trust with support at Board Meetings, Annual Strategy Conference and AGM including issuing of Board and Finance, Audit and Risk Committee packs to strict deadlines.
- Acting as a professional representative of the Executive Team and first point of contact in this pivotal role dealing with all internal and external queries, conducting research, screening calls and enquiries prioritising, delegating or reassigning as necessary.
- Managing various projects and initiatives on behalf of the CEO to support and meet strategic objectives for the Trust.
- Providing full EA support to two senior Directors and ad hoc support to the wider Executive Team of four Directors including extensive and complex diary management, email and correspondence management and drafting responses for approval.
- Scheduling internal Trust meetings, preparation of meeting packs, co-ordinating logistics, minuting and progressing actions.
- Accurately compiling Executive expenses and reconciling credit card statements for approval by the Board.
- Delivering administrative services to the Executive Team and management of the administrative team (five reports).
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Head Office, ensuring Switchboard and Reception are covered at two sites.
- Complaint handling following procedures, ensuring timely acknowledgement and assigning to relevant teams for investigation.
- Insurance co-ordination including liaison with insurance broker and the timely administration of insurance claims.
- Assisting with all senior recruitment, liaising with agencies, arranging interviews, compiling interview questions and feedback.
- Responsible for procurement of venue hire, stationery, consumables for office and office facilities management and services.
- Budget responsibilities and delegated authority for approval of expenses, invoices, purchase orders and annual leave requests.
Main achievement:- reviewed the Administration function, introduced best practice and processes to improve standards and efficiencies.
EA to Group Finance Director Sep 2015 to Feb 2018
Largest UK comprehensive automotive repairer and preferred repairer of many of the UK’s insurance companies.
- Provided senior level comprehensive EA support and in-depth involvement with commercially confidential business matters.
- Liaised with Investors in the absence of GFD regarding all queries or requests regarding company financial performance.
- Supported PA to CEO to deliver annual company staff conferences including sourcing venues, accommodation, speakers, preparing speeches and on the day requirements to ensure a positive and successful companywide event.
- Provided input to GFD and positively contributed towards strategic planning for the department.
- Leader of a wellbeing forum to promote healthy happy staff and volunteers across the charity reducing sickness absence.
- Upheld standards and procedures and improved specific areas, particularly during periods of rapid growth and change.
- Managed internal and external client relationships, dealing with a broad range of enquiries in a professional manner.
- Line management responsibility for Assistant and assisting GFD with their line management responsibilities (nineteen reports).
- Co-ordinated and attended meetings, provided literature, catering, minute taking and followed up on meetings action plans.
- Worked with colleagues to reach resolutions of conflicts eg regarding staffing, resources, budgets, deadlines, tasks.
- Acted on behalf of the GFD assuming responsibility for decisions and guidance offered and worked to create solutions.
Main achievement:- increased efficiencies by introduction of Service Level Agreements for all administrative tasks.
Feb 2015 to Sep 2015
A small independent business providing specialist surface repair skills to clients across many sectors.
A pivotal role overseeing the smooth running of a busy office managing an admin team of three and a technical team of six. The main point of contact for all enquiries including accounting, payroll, tax and budget management. Produced reports on cash flow, expenditure and debtors and liaised with accountants and banks to resolve queries. Responsible for scheduling all work requests, ensuring every job ran with the highest attention to customer care. Represented all business support functions including sales, purchasing, recruitment and customer service. Provided key information on strategic planning and business reviews.
Main achievement:- introduced a cloud based scheduling system, resulting in improved efficiencies to the customer and the business.
Personal Assistant (contract)
Aug 2014 – Feb 2015
An independent consultancy providing clients with operational, financial and quality performance solutions.
Effectively managed complex diaries and email accounts for six off-site based senior leaders. Arranged all domestic and international travel requirements including scheduling internal and external meetings and submitting all expenses and timesheets to strict deadlines. Conducted research on potential clients, competitor analysis and compiled business development reports.
Main achievement:- successfully supported and assisted with the opening of a new commercial office suite in New York.
PA to Director, External Affairs
Jun 2007 – Aug 2014
Leading UK animal welfare charity established in 1897 to provide direct support to needy pets and their owners.
Provided collaborative support to the Executive and Board and helped introduce the new function of External Affairs through my involvement with projects including strategic development, rebrand, innovation and growth of major donor relationships. Organised and attended fundraising events and managed supporter relationships. Worked alongside colleagues from other high profile national charities to support joint projects. Full ownership of Director’s diary scheduling meetings, coordinating logistical and travel arrangements and managed emails and correspondence in a clear and professional manner with the utmost confidentiality. Managed two departmental Assistants including mentoring and coaching.
Main achievement:- successfully organised a national dog show in Windsor co-ordinating 3,000 entries and 150 staff and volunteers.
Office Manager/Personal Assistant
Jun 2003 – Jun 2007
An independent consultancy business delivering multi-disciplinary engineering, design and advice services across the UK.
Overall responsibility for office management and all office processes and the Administration team (five staff) ensuring all business needs were met. Raised and issued all monthly invoices utilising analysis skills to report back on financial performance. Overall responsibility for banking, petty cash, procurement and providing data to Head Office according to monthly reporting schedule. A member of the Management Team representing the Administration department and contributed towards strategic planning for future growth. Provided PA support to Group Director including full diary management and minute taking. Designed and produced marketing and bid proposals, organised events and travelled to other offices as required.
Main achievement:- effectively lead a Disaster Recovery Plan with minimum disruption after a major incident at the office premises.
Qualifications & Education
- BTEC National Diploma in Hotel Management - nine distinctions and eight merits.
- Ten GCSE’s including English, Maths, Geography, French, Biology and RSA I and II.
- Holder of a Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
I am an experienced accounting professional. I am efficient and reliable with a strong attention to
detail, and look to add value wherever possible. I am a people person and work well in a team as
well as on my own.
? Experienced in controlling areas of accounts including Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable, Credit Control, General Ledger and payroll
? Work well individually or as part of a team
? Friendly and easy to get on with
? Work efficiently and accurately with a strong attention to detail
? Tidy and methodical
? Good with MS Office and computing in general
? Confident to learn new computer packages/systems
? Qualified AAT Technician (Level 4)
? Qualified AAT Advanced Bookkeeper (included Indirect Tax Unit)
? 20 years Accounts experience
? Successfully assisted an accounts and payroll function to be outsourced to Bulgaria
Sep 01 – May 19
I have held various roles within the accounts department as well as working with the production
team producing works orders. I have taken control of the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, General Ledger, Credit Control and payroll.
Some of my responsibilities have been:
? Oct 14 – May 19, General Ledger, Payroll
o Assisted with the outsourcing of accounts and payroll
o Managing non-current asset register & applying calculated depreciation
o Preparing monthly financial statements and reports for review
o Supported colleagues with training and development
o Posting month end journals through the General Ledger
o Blue Collar (Factory) Time & Attendance and Payroll
o Recording holidays
o Producing Works Orders for production
o Ensuring the status of completed Works Orders have been updated and are available
to view in the system
? Jan 13 – Oct 13, Purchase Ledger
o Matching and posting invoices
o Sorting queries (either liaising with supplier or our purchasing department)
o Process monthly payment run to suppliers and allocate cash accordingly
o Posting month end journals
A professional PA with experience working at Director and Senior Executive level in International and UK companies. IT literate with advanced secretarial and administrative skills. Able to work on own initiative with a high level of confidentiality. Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving and demanding environment.
Secretary to Head of Dispute Resolution Department
October 2008 to 29 March 2019
Main duties include:
- Sitting in on weekly Strategy Meetings to take minutes.
- Transcription of correspondence and Board Minutes via digital audio dictation.
- Arrange travel and flights for Directors.
- Upkeep of Sickness and Holiday forms.
- General administration duties.
In May 2008, the business went into Administration and I was made redundant.
Secretary to Head of Dispute Resolution Department
February 2004 to November 2007
Main duties included:
- Transcription of all general correspondence and documentation via digital audio dictation and Videss Docman system.
- Typing court forms and legal documents.
- Preparation of court bundles as necessary.
- Maintenance of filing systems including dead filing.
September 2003 to February 2004
Main duties included:
- Secretarial duties to Rural Department including audio transcription of documents.
- Upkeep of filing systems within Department.
- Issuing rental invoices.
PA to Finance Director
December 1994 to September 2003
Main duties included:
- Day to day management of the office.
- All secretarial duties to the Director, including shorthand and audio transcription of documents.
- Managing the Director’s diary and travel arrangements.
- Managing the day to day accounting administration for the company including processing and payment of invoices to/from third parties, completion of VAT return and management of company bank accounts.
PA to General Manger
August 1992 – December 1994
March 1992 – August 1992
Executive Assistant to the Director of Insurance & Risk Management
September 1986 – March 1992
Secretary to Branch Manager
July 1985 – September 1986
1979 – July 1985
Interests: Gym, golf and eating out.
Schools and Woodgreen Comprehensive School September 1972 to July 1977
Colleges attended: West Oxfordshire Technical College September 1977 to January 1979
Qualifications: Mathematics ‘O’ Level English Lang/Lit ‘O’ Level
Pitman Shorthand 110 wpm RSA Shorthand/Typing 100wpm
RSA Typing Stage III 50wpm
Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SOS system.