Our client is a growing and ambitious self-storage organisation. Due to expansion and investment, they are seeking a Construction Director to provide advice on buildability, risks and costings for new projects prior to land acquisition. This will include feeding in to the initial design & planning process from a building cost & efficiency perspective.
- Advise directors on the feasibility of new projects
- Construction project management
- Lead all design team meetings and assist the existing team in managing external consultants through the pre-build design and tender stages as well as construction
- Ensuring the successful delivery overall of all construction and technical investment projects ranging in value from £2 to £7m per project
- Assisting the Development Director in managing and reporting on project costs on a weekly basis
- Validate the project concept design, construction programme and cost plan
- Advise on the need to appoint specialist consultants in order to mitigate project risks and to support the planning application
Desired personal attributes:
- Either a Qualified Chartered Engineer, Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Computer skills: general office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Power Point) & familiarity with CAD software package required
- Pro-actively looks for ways to increase internal customer satisfaction, and ensures a customer oriented attitude in the team
This role has become vacant due to growth / expansion and would ideally suit a candidate from the construction industry and self-storage sector desirably. The role will pay around £80k plus excellent benefits.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities.
Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.