Our client, a UK-based charity with 50 years’ experience working with people in local communities is seeking an experienced Accountant.
This is an exciting and challenging role with opportunity for growth and development. You will be part of a small and dynamic team, having the opportunity to add value and make a difference, offer solutions and contribute to process and systems improvements.
This is a Monday to Friday role with the option of working from home. The salary is £28,000 to £30,000 according to experience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare accounts to Trial Balance and be responsible for the preparation of the monthly payroll for the Trust.
- Responsibility for the Nominal, Purchase, Sales Ledgers and credit control, ensuring effective cash-flows for the Trust.
- Preparation of annual budgets and provide monthly income and expense reports to budget holders.
- Liaise with regional offices
- Assist with year-end & audit
- Assist in the preparation of management reports and financial accounts
- Prepare bank & control account reconciliations
- Process invoices and assist with credit control
- Supervise the Finance Assistant and the finance function
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous Accounting experience (charity sector desirable but not essential)
- Relevant accounting qualification
- Experience of payroll preparation is essential; knowledge of basic tax/NI rules desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting software and advanced Excel
This is an exciting and challenging role with opportunity for growth and development. You will be part of a small and dynamic team, having the opportunity to add value and make a difference, offer solutions and contribute to process and systems improvements. You will receive a competitive salary plus
Please do also visit our website www.annejagger.com to see the full range of our current vacancies as we do not advertise ALL of our available opportunities.
Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back from Anne Jagger Recruitment within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities