Anne Jagger Recruitment is recruiting for a 1st & 2nd Line IT Systems Support Engineer on a permanent basis. Our client is a professional and reputable financial services business demonstrating their commitment to high performance through good people management and strong company culture.
The 1st & 2nd Line IT Systems Support Engineer will be based in the Witney office, supporting IT throughout the whole of the business, including remote offices and working in a small team which currently consists of Head of IT, IT Systems Manager, Senior IT Systems Engineer and external IT specialists/consultants/providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to provide first & second line response, being the first (and main) point of contact for all internal queries and incidents, user requests and solving problems. This will include telephone, remote, and deskside support
- To be an effective point of contact for Internal IT, resolving issues, escalating internally, or referring to 3rd parties as appropriate
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Liaise with senior IT team members to escalate any issues or reoccurring problems or concerns within the IT areas
- To contribute to the development & implementation of the business IT plans to enable it to support the growth of the business, whilst improving the efficiency and effectiveness of hardware, software, and systems
- Spend (generally) 4 days each week in the Witney office, 1 day each week in the Henley office. This will vary according to the work that needs to be completed
- Travel to remote offices when required
- To perform weekend and out of hours support and development as required
Skills and Experience:
- Willingness to undertake study
- Ability to manage own workload and work within a small team
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry desirable
- Good working knowledge of Windows OS (server and client)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Awareness of Microsoft 365 (desirable)
- Awareness of Citrix (desirable)
- Awareness of VMWare or other virtualisation technologies (desirable)
- Knowledge of servers, networking, firewall, UPS, desktops, laptops, thin clients and printers
- Private medical and dental plans
- Birthday giftcard
- Annual bonus based on company profits
- Offer of company shares
- Car parking costs paid by the company
- Company social events
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
This is a full time, office based position working 35 hours per week, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
The annual basic salary for this position is between £25,000 to £28,000.
Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities.