5 ways to get your CV noticed
A CV is a snapshot of you, your education, and your job experience for an employer to look at and consider you as a possible employee. Your CV should be put together in an easy to read format and contain as much information about you without becoming too many pages long.
Here are 5 handy CV writing tips.
1. Always have your name at the top of the CV centered in large, bold print with your contact information just below in smaller, regular size print. Include your home address, home telephone, mobile number, and e-mail address. If you are able to receive calls at your present job, you may also want to include your business phone number on your CV.
2. Start each section of your CV with what will make the most difference in getting the job. Is it your education what might put you over the top to get the job? Perhaps it is your previous job experience. The goal of your CV is to get you into that interviewer’s office, so put your best foot forward and let your abilities speak with the most important part first.
3. Include your participation in any social or community clubs or activities as well as any awards you have received over the years. If you served as a leader of a club or organization, include that on your CV as well.
4. Ideally, a CV should be a one to two page document, but often, this is not possible for people who have extensive job experience or education. Try not to exceed two pages, however, as your prospect is usually looking for specific skills and experience. Remember, this is just a stepping stone to get you past the initial stage. You can tell the rest during a job interview.
5. Use a pleasing, easy to read font, but don’t get too creative. You will want your future employer to look at you as a reliable, serious professional and your CV should reflect that. Above all, make sure there are no typographical errors or misspellings on the CV. Nothing screams unreliability more than typos.
Register with Anne Jagger online and you get access to our CV Builder - click below
Access Our Custom CV Builder