Based in Docklands our client an international trading group is seeking an import / export coordinator for a subsidiary company specialising in the shipment of chemicals from the USA.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Understanding of bulk import/export documentation and procedures.
- Processing letters of credit.
- Ensuring compliance with Import and export procedures.
- Manage and develop the operations including implementing an effective system.
- Ensuring smooth import/export operations for all orders, planning, compliance and documentation.
- Support the broader business from an operations perspective.
- Check accuracy of supplier invoices.
- Liaising with suppliers, carriers and vendors on a daily basis, checking all applicable documentation is in place and full compliance for import and subsequent re-export to another country.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve problems that could delay the release or movement of import or export shipments ensuring adherence to country requirements.
- Provide clear and concise import clearance instructions on shipments to Nigeria, to the carriers and ensuring that they are followed.
- Preparation of information and reporting for company senior management.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent computer skills, essentially excel and other industry software.
- Previous experience of liaising with Senior management is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise heavy work load.
- Can work in a fast paced environment.
- Pays attention to detail and easily identifies problems, demonstrate use of initiative and implement appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of chemicals will be an advantage.
This is a small UK start up subsidiary, part of a large group of companies. The position requires reliability and offers full autonomy within the role. Import Export experience is essential. Shipping experience is an advantage.
Please do also visit our website www.annejagger.com to see the full range of our current vacancies as we do not advertise ALL of our available opportunities.
Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back from Anne Jagger Recruitment within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities.