Anne Jagger Recruitment in Witney are working with a Global private member’s organisation with World class restaurants and member sites worldwide. We are recruiting for a permanent Finance Business Partner to support the General Manager of the Oxfordshire setting along with the centralised finance function.
- Act as a Business Finance Partner leading from a Finance point of view, effectively as a Finance Director for the site.
- Act at all times as the key contact between the relevant sites and Finance and own any financial issues raised by the site.
- Provide robust commercial challenge to the GM and Operational team so that revenue weakness and cost overruns are properly investigated and understood
- Produce monthly business intelligence based on reports obtained from FP&A, including analysis of actual vs target margins and cost trends, and analysis of pricing strategies and revenue trend across the group to help the GM and Senior Management maximise revenue and drive profit conversion
- Produce ad hoc analysis as directed by FD/UK Financial Controller
- Investigate margin discrepancies at month end with GMs and F&B Controllers to identify potential changes/improvements to processes to tighten up margin management in procurement, stock control etc
- Support the UK Financial Controller with the objective to create consistent Finance processes and produce first class management information for use across the business
- Support sites on the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecast processes
- Report on key variances so that the UK FD learn of the issues as early as possible and are able to react to them
- Diarise P&L reviews with the GM and Ops team each month and chair the meeting so that all key variances to budget are discussed and actions are recorded/followed up each month
- Monthly KPI reporting with a focus on management of key costs ie F&B/payroll/operating costs and restaurant profit conversion to Gross Profit/GOP/EBITDA
- Review management accounts pack once the first draft has been produced and identify material variances to forecast/budget in P&L and Balance Sheet
- Prepare weekly reports for the site making sure all relevant items are captured and that the reports provide a reliable view of actual performance (i.e. minimising discrepancies to actual P&L numbers)
- Ensure that regular balance sheet reconciliations for the relevant sites are completed
- Organise meetings with the GM to go through the first draft of the management accounts pack and discuss any areas of contention in terms of accounting policy (policies are dictated by Finance, not Operations)
- After review of first draft with the GM, propose any changes to site numbers to UK Financial Controller
- As directed by the UK Financial Controller, support site month end process and production of management accounts packs for all sites including explaining material cost and margin and revenue variances
- Provide support at year end on the annual audit process
- Ongoing implementation of financial processes and controls across the whole site.
This role has become available due to growth within the business and will ideally suit a candidate with a strong and robust character who is confident in challenging at all levels. You will have the Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines and have Strong analytical skills; with the ability to work under your own initiative and collaborate across departments.
You will be a fully qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with good accounting experience and preferably from a multi-site leisure / hospitality background. Advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Sage Accounts package, Opera and Micros are desirable.
The annual salary for this position will be between £45,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on skills and experience with excellent benefits. Some travel will be required between UK sites from time to time.
For more details about this position and the full range of our temporary and permanent roles in Witney and many other Oxfordshire locations, please contact out Witney recruitment office and do also visit our website www.annejagger.com as we do not advertise ALL of our available opportunities.
Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back from Anne Jagger Recruitment within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities.