Anne Jagger Recruitment in Witney are working with a leading manufacuring business. We are recruiting for a permanent Finance Assistant to support Finance Managers in providing high quality and timely financial information, with the aim of improving the profitability of the business.
The job holder will be expected to work closely with managers, particularly the members of the Operations teams, to gain an understanding of current developments in the business with a view to improving the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts and other financial reporting of a high quality, and which is circulated in accordance with deadlines specified by the Group Finance Director.
- Proactively working with managers, particularly the members of the Operations teams, to develop an understanding of the business.
- Supporting monthly reviews of financial results with management to ensure that they are as accurate as possible, and that reasons for large variances are known, prior to circulation to the Exec Team.
- Closure of manufacturing jobs in the ERP system, having first verified that data has been accurately recorded, and that any resulting variances are an accurate reflection of operational efficiency.
- Assisting with inventory reporting, including performing periodic spot checks to verify the accuracy of stock data in the ERP system.
- Supporting the development of the Annual Operating Plan, assisting managers as necessary to streamline processes and improve data accuracy.
- Ensuring that the recording of expenditure against capital projects is accurate and reconciled back to the appropriate control accounts, and that potential overspends are brought to the attention of the Finance Manager.
- Maintenance of the Company asset register, ensuring that it is up to date and reconciled to the balance sheet.
- Performing a physical verification of fixed assets on a periodic basis.
- Compiling information required for the Company annual insurance declarations.
- Deputising for the Finance Manager at Operations meetings.
- Assisting in ensuring that appropriate levels of internal control are maintained within the business.
- Seeking improvements in ways of working via automation and particularly utilisation of the Epicor ERP system.
- Providing input to the year-end accounts, including liaising with external auditors as necessary.
- Assistance with ad-hoc exercises when requested.
- Ensuring Company quality standards, Health and Safety Policies, and Environmental Policies are adhered to at all times.
The salary being offered for this position is up to £25,000 depending on skills and experience. The working hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
For more details about this position and the full range of our temporary and permanent roles in Witney and many other Oxfordshire locations, please contact out Witney recruitment office and do also visit our website as we do not advertise ALL of our available opportunities. Anne Jagger Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, age, marital status, religion, colour, age, race, disability or sexual orientation. Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the tasks of the specific role.
If you do not hear back from Anne Jagger Recruitment within 7 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please continue to view the website for other opportunities.